Re: [rdiff-backup-users] backing up a Bitcoin wallet (private key)

From: Gavin
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] backing up a Bitcoin wallet (private key)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 16:50:56 +1000

I  rdiff backup everything onto a LUKS encrypted file system.
Because the same problem applies to ssh keys, leave them lying around on a portable drive...?

The LUKS file system needs a very long password to mount (which can be changed at any time).
Normally the drive is umounted and a script is run to mount only for duration of backup.
See cryptsetup.

Rdiff-backup is a program not a backup system, something like backupninja can be placed in front of it to run scripts, scheduling etc.

Regards
Gavin
--
www.cloudcmms.com