[rdiff-backup-users] What is the current rdiff-backup version?

From: Frank Crawford
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] What is the current rdiff-backup version?
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 12:52:47 +1100

Folks,

I have two questions that might move rdiff-backup ahead a bit, which I'd
be interested in hearing about.

Firstly, what version of rdiff-backup do most people use?  There is the
stable 1.2.8 and unstable 1.3.3, but both date back to 2009.  From what
I can see most distributions use the stable version, so has anyone
extensively tested the 1.3.3 release, and is it really stable enough to
promote to say 1.4?

Secondly, a couple of people have mentioned their own private patches.
Are these collected together anywhere, and if not, should we do that?
We may even be able to agree to merge them into the mainline.

Regards
Frank