Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup limit time range

From: MasteRTriX
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup limit time range
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 13:34:55 -0300

I would assign less bandwith or priority on the router side in the interval you require.

El 15/08/13 13:29, Greg Troxel escribió:
Eric Gendron <address@hidden> writes:

I would like to know 2 things...

How to limit hours of the backup.  I would like to limit backup operations
between 23h30 and 6h00am to not slow down the daytime bandwidth.

Can I just kill the process (cron job) at 6h00am ?
You can, but the next one will start regressing and then start over, so
this is really not going to be a useful outcome.

Also, I think if the job isn't finished 24hours later, a second
rdiff-backup job will start...  Is there a protection to avoid that?  Is
running 2 rdiff-backup on the same datas (source and destination) could be
a problem?
That's really a question of writing scripts around rdiff-backup instead.

But if your backups don't complete in less than half of your interval,
your situation really isn't going to work anyway.