Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Incremental, automated, remote, secure

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Incremental, automated, remote, secure
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 11:07:56 -0400

Grant <address@hidden> writes:

> Sometimes I'm on the road with my laptop tethered to my cell phone and
> then I have trouble using rdiff-backup over the internet.

That makes sense.  The real issue is being able to make incremental
progress if the connetion fails.

You might look into bup.

> That's true, corruption really is still a problem.  What can be done?

Write everything to tape and keep yearly backups forever :-)   People
have been down on tape for a long time but I'm not sure they have
replicated the security properties.

Alternatively, buy a new 2T drive every  year.  They only cost 3x as
much as LTO-2 cartridges :-)