Re: [rdiff-backup-users] migrated to new hard drive, now rdiff-backup se

From: me
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] migrated to new hard drive, now rdiff-backup sees everything as new
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 23:24:44 +1100

That would help if you could tell
- which OS
- whick rdiff-backup version
- which options you used for the rsync
- if user/group permissions may have changed

Le 28/03/2013 20:44, Stan Schymanski a écrit :
Dear all,

I installed a new hard drive and used rsync to copy my home directory across, but when I first ran rdiff-backup on the new hard drive, it saw everything as new and all previously backed-up files as missing. How can I make rdiff-backup recognise the moved files as the same as the previously backed up ones? I do not want to start over from scratch, otherwise I'd lose previous incremental backups.

Thanks for your help!