Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Failling to get started

From: Luc Saffre
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Failling to get started
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 15:48:57 +0200

On 7.02.2013 13:05, Dominic Raferd wrote:

> Why not just use this command:
>
> rdiff-backup /cygdrive/t/data address@hidden::/smb/backup/armand

This command works perfectly, but I want more. My include.lst file will
later contain more lines, e.g.:

/cygdrive/c/Documents\ and\ Settings/Luc/Application\ Data/
/cygdrive/t/data/**
/cygdrive/l/foo/**
- **

> If this doesn't work, maybe there is a problem running rdiff-backup to a
> samba-mounted volume on the rdiff-backup server? Try backing up to e.g.
> address@hidden::/home/armand/backup
>
> Also if the destination is Windows-based this can cause problems -
> generally rdiff-backup is more reliable backing up to Linux.

It's neither Samba-mounted nor Windows-based, it's a normal directory in
a normal filesystem (on a Proxmox VM):

address@hidden:~$ df -hT /mnt
Filesystem    Type    Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/simfs   simfs    250G  166G   85G  67% /

The fact that is is being served also by smbd doesn't disturb rdiff-backup.

Thanks for your answer which made it even more clear that it is probably
a simple misunderstanding on how to specify which files to include.

Luc