Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Failling to get started

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Failling to get started
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 11:05:24 +0000

Hi Luc

Why not just use this command:
rdiff-backup /cygdrive/t/data address@hidden::/smb/backup/armand
If this doesn't work, maybe there is a problem running rdiff-backup to a samba-mounted volume on the rdiff-backup server? Try backing up to e.g. address@hidden::/home/armand/backup

Also if the destination is Windows-based this can cause problems - generally rdiff-backup is more reliable backing up to Linux.

I use the rdiff-backup.exe program (which doesn't require Cygwin, though I do use Cygwin too) for backups from Windows.

Dominic
--
TimeDicer: Free File Recovery from Whenever