[rdiff-backup-users] Error handling and mailing list

From: Iván Pulido
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 20:17:41 -0500

Hey, I'm a new rdiff-backup user having some question on how to handle
errors.

First I'd like to point out that the link to the mailing list in
http://rdiff-backup.nongnu.org/savannah.html#mailing_list
is broken.

Now, the real question is that, I'm using inside a bash script for
backup a command like the following:

rdiff-backup -v3 --force --remove-older-than 3W $i

where the iterator i stands for some directories. My doubt is how to
detect when there is an error in rdiff-backup
while executing this script. I need that so I can use that to actually
know the backup was succesfull or not.

Thanks for your attention and I hope this isn't a too noobish question.

Greetings.