[rdiff-backup-users] Error handling and mailing list

From: Iván Pulido
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 20:17:41 -0500

Hey, I'm a new rdiff-backup user having some question on how to handle

First I'd like to point out that the link to the mailing list in
is broken.

Now, the real question is that, I'm using inside a bash script for
backup a command like the following:

rdiff-backup -v3 --force --remove-older-than 3W $i

where the iterator i stands for some directories. My doubt is how to
detect when there is an error in rdiff-backup
while executing this script. I need that so I can use that to actually
know the backup was succesfull or not.

Thanks for your attention and I hope this isn't a too noobish question.