Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Weird behavior of rdiff-backup : founding diffs

From: Matthieu . Rioteau
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Weird behavior of rdiff-backup : founding diffs while there isn't
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 09:50:30 +0100

Hi Bob,

I'll try the option you mentioned to check if it can solve the problem.

I've got some more clues after this weekend.

Of course, nobody has connected to the machine (i.e. open a session)
during the weekend.
But on each evening when backup was running, the complete (on almost
complete) /home/ folder of one (and only one) of the users was viewed by
rdiff-backup as changed (in the same way I described in my former email,
i.e. a IncrementSize of some bytes & no actual change).

Should I suspect some Kubuntu service to create this weird things ?
(something like updatedb.mlocate, even if I doubt on this particular one).

Thanks for help.