Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Please help getting my backups running.

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Please help getting my backups running.
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 16:48:05 +0000

Well Gary I'm glad you succeeded in the end, and pleased to be of service.

Yes normally the build location is /usr/src (absolute location) but you seemed to be using ./usr/src that is why I suggested you stick with that. If it has worked for you with /usr/src then that's better IMHO.

I have now uploaded my rdiff-backup installer program rdiff-backup-install.sh to the web - help and download page at http://www.timedicer.co.uk/programs/help/rdiff-backup-install.sh. I've tweaked and renumbered it v0.3. If you use it again please use the latest version from there just so that I can check it is bug-free.

Now that you have rdiff-backup working you might want to install rdiffweb which provides a web interface for retrieving files from the rdiff-backup server; install program is at http://www.timedicer.co.uk/programs/help/rdiffweb-install.sh.

Regards, Dominic
--
TimeDicer: Free File Recovery from Whenever