Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup detects that many files has change

From: Robert Nichols
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup detects that many files has changed - cifs mount
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 18:13:14 -0500

On 07/26/2012 10:59 AM, Attila Strba wrote:
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the response. It happens every time. I have disabled SELinux, still
the situation didn't improve.
Is there a way I could analyse why rdiff thinks the files are different (like
the security context)?

The only thing I can think of is to go into the rdiff-backup-data directory
and examine the metadata files (mirror_metadata, extended_attributes, access_control_lists, file_statistics, ...) for two consecutive dates where
the problem occurred and see if you can see what changed.  These are all
ASCII text files (most are compressed), though file_statistics may have
NUL, rather than newline, separators, so you'd have to run that through
"tr '\0' '\n'" to make it readable.

                Do NOT delete it.