Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup exception

From: Tobias Gödderz
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup exception
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 16:44:33 +0200

On Di, 2012-02-28 at 21:50 +0100, Tobias Gödderz wrote:
> On 27.02.2012 14:52, Dominic Raferd wrote:
> > An error message like this has previously been associated with
> > backing up to a case-insensitive file system, especially when a
> > filename changes its case. What filesystem are you backing up to?
>
> ext4, but I'm backing up *from* NTFS.

Now, I'm having the same problem on a different backup; source and
target are on the same ext4 filesystem (which may seem kinda stupid, but
the source is a mirror of the data I want to backup).

It looks like the assertion
    assert not incrp.lstat(), incrp
throws an exception unless incrp.data['type'] doesn't equal None, in
other words, if the file exists.

I attached the complete output.

Kind regards,

Tobias