|Subject:||Re: [rdiff-backup-users] SafeKeep version 1.4.0 (stable) released|
|Date:||Sun, 19 Feb 2012 01:09:06 +1100|
OK, So you're missing one key FAQ item:
How does your software differ from rdiff-backup? A compare and contrast page would be nice.
The only thing i really saw of significance was the use of LVM for snapshotting... that's not a feature to me, in fact it feels more like reinventing the wheel and that's lock-in to a particular file system.
Tell me how you do it better (e.g. faster, more reliably, etc)!
On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 5:06 AM, Frank Crawford <address@hidden> wrote:
This is release 1.4.0 of SafeKeep, a centralized and easy to use
backup application that combines the best features of a mirror
and an incremental backup.
What's new in this release:
- Add the ability to store script files on either client or server.
- Rewritten snapshot creation to remove use of "rbind".
- Automatic cleanup on next run after an abort.
- Support of LVM tagging for snapshots.
- Better handling of messages and tracebacks.
- A number of other code cleanups and bug fixes.
- Updated minimum Python support to Python 2.3.
Many thanks to Andres Toomsalu, Ken Bass, Joe Steele and Alexander List
for the fixes that made this release possible, and to Dimi Paun for his
continual work with SafeKeep.
Sources and binaries are available from the following locations:
- RedHat EL/CentOS 4,5,6 Fedora 8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16:
- Ubuntu Dapper, Breezy, Hardy, Lucid, Maverick, Natty, Oneiric and Precise:
Note: The Debian packages are not yet available. They should be uploaded within
the next few days.
The GPG Signing Key can be found in the following location:
pub 1024D/4E1CD0E5 2012-02-17
Key fingerprint = B051 E099 25D1 CE50 54DF 227D 96FC 24AC 4E1C D0E5
uid SafeKeep (Signing Key) <address@hidden>
sub 1024g/6AA3270F 2012-02-17
NOTE: The minimum version of Python now supported is Python 2.3. If you
require support of an older version of Python, then you should select an
earlier release of Safekeep.
To find out more about the project visit on our website:
Frank Crawford <address@hidden>
for Dimi Paun <address@hidden>
rdiff-backup-users mailing list at address@hidden
Wiki URL: http://rdiff-backup.solutionsfirst.com.au/index.php/RdiffBackupWiki
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|