Re: [rdiff-backup-users] confirmation of Backup by rdiffbackup

From: David Precious
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] confirmation of Backup by rdiffbackup
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 15:30:56 +0000

On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 11:01:43 +0530
Arun Shrimali <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear All,
> I have configured rdiffbackup for my server, which is working
> perfectly for daily incremental remote backup.
> But to confirm that the backup has been done successfully, I have to
> go to backup server and check the file  /rdiff-backup-data/backup.log
> Is there any other way (through e-mail) to confirm that backup has
> been done successfully....

I don't know if it'll be helpful for you, but I use a Nagios plugin to
monitor the time since the last successful backup, which gives me
WARNING/CRITICAL states if there hasn't been a successful backup for a

The code is available on GitHub:

If you use Nagios for other stuff already, it may be useful :)

Dave P