[rdiff-backup-users] Is --min-file-size Working?

From: David J. Haines
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Is --min-file-size Working?
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 12:48:21 -0500

Hi there.

I'm attempting to maintain two backup trees of /home: one for files up
to 4GB in size to be updated hourly and one for files 4GB and larger
to be updated daily. I have the former working with the option
--max-file-size 4294967295. The latter, though, doesn't seem to be
working. I'm using the following command:

rdiff-backup  --min-file-size 4294967296 --exclude-other-filesystems
/home /media/backup/bigfiles

It doesn't seem to want to backup anything at all, i.e. the
/media/backup/bigfiles directory only has the rdiff-backup-data
directory in it instead of that and the users' home directories with
whatever 4GB files they may have. My first guess would be that because
the home directories themselves aren't large, it isn't descending down
the tree, but that would effectively make the --min-file-size option
useless to exclude any file larger than 4KB.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

David J. Haines
address@hidden