[rdiff-backup-users] CRC errors

From: Ivan Voras
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] CRC errors
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 11:47:35 +0200

I had some (known) problems with the storage on which rdiff-backup was storing files and now operations which regress the backup state end up with a backtrace and a message like:

IOError: CRC check failed 0x4b2247ff != 0x124d9df3L

. I know I have some corruption going on but would like to find and delete these backed-up files and continue backing up while retaining the old backups. I'm fine with losing those corrupted files.

Can this be done?