Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Two remote hosts

From: chuck odonnell
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Two remote hosts
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 10:14:35 -0400

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 02:03:06PM +0200, Felix Rios wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I have 3 hosts A,B,C. Is it possible for A for start a backup from B
> to C without the data passing A?

[...]
> Ok, the problem is that i want to have the control from A. For example
> if something goes wrong and has to be resumed.

It is difficult to offer further suggestions without better
understanding what you are trying to do. I thought Nicolas offered a
good response based on what you asked.

If you are looking for something more along the lines of starting the
backup manually from A, but then letting it run unattended on B with
notification when it completes:

A$ ssh B
B$ nohup rdiff-backup ... | mail -s "rdiff output" address@hidden &
B$ exit
A$

Are you asking about unattended startup? What exactly are you trying
to do?

Best,

Chuck