[rdiff-backup-users] Problems with missmatching hashes

From: Christian Kölpin
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Problems with missmatching hashes
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 15:29:23 +0200

I'am suffering problems while using rdiff-backup. Everytime i run
"rdiff-backup --verify backup" i encounter the following message

Warning: Computed SHA1 digest of <File>
doesn't match recorded digest of
Your backup repository may be corrupted!

I set up a backup from scratch. Even on a clean/new disk this error
occures. Is there some technical problems with large files (>2 GB).

System Info:
Ubuntu 10.04
BackupSource 4TB Raid6 Device (Raid is Verified/OK) - XFS File system
BackupTarget 2TB LVM Device (Device Status OK) - XFS File system