Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fwd: Restore to remote position

From: Heiko Baumann
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fwd: Restore to remote position
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 07:46:08 +0100

hi edoardo,

i've seen the same behavior. calling rdiff-backup from the "restore host" like shown in the examples works for me:

    rdiff-backup -r 10D host.net::/remote-dir/file /tmp/file

but this is not always possible or at least the wanted way to restore files imho. my backup server "pulls" backup from all my hosts and so only the backup host has ssh public key access to all servers - not the servers to my backup server. this is more secure because my backup server does backup internal and external hosts and i dont want to allow access to my backup server from outside. also its easier to manage backup jobs this way.

so maybe we should file a bug report if none exists already?