Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Severe performance degradation

From: Maarten J H van den Berg
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Severe performance degradation
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 22:57:52 +0100

chuck odonnell wrote:
RE: Severe performance degradation thread

This is a long shot, but I have had issues like this on new servers
with certain RAID hardware, until I forced an initial sync of the RAID
volume. Once the initial sync completed the server performed as
expected.

Are we perhaps talking about... Dell servers with PERC controllers ??
If so that's something sure worth investigating. Mine are R510's iirc.

cheers,
Maarten

Best,

Chuck