Re: [rdiff-backup-users] OverflowError: signed integer is greater than

From: Thomas \"fake\" Jakobi
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] OverflowError: signed integer is greater than maximum
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 09:34:50 +0200

hi,

manual reply to this: http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg04953.html

> But then there's http://bugs.python.org/issue6873, which indicates
> that perhaps lchown still has the problem in the released Python
> versions.  If you can figure out how to reproduce it outside of
> rdiff-backup the Python team would be grateful :)

you won't be able to. the code fixed in python is duplicated in rdiff-backup's
cmodule.c, without the fix, if HAVE_LCHOWN is defined (which it probably is in
these cases).

to replicate the fix you mentioned at
http://svn.python.org/view/python/trunk/Modules/posixmodule.c?r1=77007&r2=77006&pathrev=77007
 you have to apply the attached patch to rdiff-backup.

this fixed the OverflowError on lchown for me.

regards,

fake

P.S.: in case of replies, please CC me, as i am not subscribed to the list.