[rdiff-backup-users] Restore for Windows version

From: listserv . traffic
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Restore for Windows version
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 11:18:48 -0700

Ok, I'm feeling stupid, but I can't make this work today..

Trying to restore a directory with all files and subdirs

The backup is something like this:

rdiff-backup c:/abc-data/ E:/abc-backup/main-data/

Both C and E are local

I want to restore:

  So, I want everything from .../directory/*

  I  want to restore to a different path that where it came from, say,
  in this case

So, I thought this would get me what I wanted

rdiff-backup                       -r                       2010-09-16

But it doesn't. It claims there's no repository there.

but the repository is here: E:/abc-backup/main-data

I just want that one directory down the path...

Suggestions? Am I being particularly dense?