Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Exception '[Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory'

From: Gavin
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Exception '[Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory'
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:51:29 +1000

Jim Faulkner wrote:

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Gavin wrote:

      I've put a log of the backup here:

      and here's the same failure when using "--terminal-verbosity 7":

      Anyone have any ideas as to what's going wrong here?

Try copying the base data to dest with rsync first and then run rdiff-backup against
it with --force.

That worked!  The rdiff-backup finished successfully after an initial rsync of the data.  Why did I need to run rsync first to make it work?