Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Exception '[Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory'

From: Jim Faulkner
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Exception '[Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory'
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 10:32:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Gavin wrote:

      I've put a log of the backup here:

      and here's the same failure when using "--terminal-verbosity 7":

      Anyone have any ideas as to what's going wrong here?

Try copying the base data to dest with rsync first and then run rdiff-backup
it with --force.

That worked! The rdiff-backup finished successfully after an initial rsync of the data. Why did I need to run rsync first to make it work?