Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Stable API and Non-recursive list-at-time

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Stable API and Non-recursive list-at-time
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 09:52:48 +0100

On 28/06/2010 14:22, Darren Hart wrote:
...What I'm looking to do is occasionally mount
the backup repository, browse for a single file, and restore it from
some time in the past, then unmount the repo.

I think my approach of building the directory listings from the
Each command has some latency involved, but it should be adequate.

So my original questions stands - what do the rdiff-backup developers
think about the API, is it likely to remain relatively stable? What
about the recursive option I asked about, is such a patch likely to be
accepted?

--
Darren
Not answering your direct question (because I can't), but if you want to recover individual files the best I have found is Josh's rdiffWeb http://www.rdiffweb.org/. As the name implies it uses a web interface and although the initial configuration can be a bit tricky, once set up it works well and makes retrieving individual files, including versions from the past, a snap.

Dominic