Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Restarting development

From: Oliver Mattos
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Restarting development
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 23:01:42 +0100

I'm not sure it's a "voting" thing, but if it is, I support a new
codebase since I suspect with the insight of the existing codebase a
re-write wouldn't actually take anywhere near as long as the initial
development, and would give the project a new beginning and the
opportunity to add features that would be almost impossible with the
old architecture.  Many parts of the original code could possibly be
re-used with minimal changes.

Having said that, I know in open source projects "votes" are
proportional to the amount of development time you can put into it,
and on that front I'm afraid other than mailing list rants and using
the program, I haven't got the time to contribute significantly.