Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Restarting development

From: Gavin
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Restarting development
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 10:47:31 +1000

Yes indeed,

The post bellow is exactly how I feel about rdiff-backup.

Having been using rdiff-backup for a long time and watching this list
for just as long I have seen many of these
little 'hairs' grow. As a user I can't believe that the core code is
that bad or thrown away, since rdiff-backup has served me
faithfully for a long time now.

As a coder I can certainly appreciate that it can be easier to write
your own split function than to figure out somebody else's,
especially if it is not extremely well commented or laid out. But
rdiff-backup is somewhat larger and more mature than a
split function and I also know that it's a long road to get to that
level of maturity in a new code base.

It's really great to see dev interest again either way, I was starting
to think I would have to start building a migration plan :-)

Cheers
Gavin