Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Techniques for trimming the sizes of backups

From: Matthew Miller
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Techniques for trimming the sizes of backups
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 08:24:33 -0500

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 08:57:16PM +1100, Alex Samad wrote:
> Can't really answer you other problem, but thought I would add.
> I use fusecompress fs to place by destination for rdiff-backup - it does
> file by file compression.

I'm experimenting with LessFS. It's another fuse-based filesystem, and in
addition to compressing blocks, it checksums each block and only stores
identical blocks once -- "de-duplication". This seems like a particular win
with rdiff-backup, because of the problem with handling of renamed files.

--
Matthew Miller           address@hidden          <http://mattdm.org/>