Re: [rdiff-backup-users] locking the rdiff-backup destination

From: Alex Samad
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] locking the rdiff-backup destination
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 08:06:08 +1100

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 11:13:44AM +0100, Jakob Unterwurzacher wrote:
> Alex Samad schrieb:
> > Hi
> >
> > Is there a tool to lock the db such that rdif-backup will not use the
> > destination - i know rdif-backup does it.
> >

> > I want to lock the db and then rsync the destination offsite and then
> > unlock the db.
>
> With "db" you mean the rdiff-backup destination directory?

yes, I would like to lock the rdiff-backup destination such that
rdiff-backup will not use it until after the rsync offsite has finished.

--
"I don't want nations feeling like that they can bully ourselves and our
allies. I want to have a ballistic defense system so that we can make the world

        - George W. Bush
10/23/2000
Des Moines, IA