[rdiff-backup-users] Re: Will these errors clear on the next pass?

From: Chris G
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Will these errors clear on the next pass?
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 14:54:57 +0100

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 01:08:22PM +0200, Andreas Olsson wrote:
> On Sunday 30 August 2009 12:52:49 Chris G wrote:
> > I had an interrupted backup which resulted in the following errors:-
> >
> > ----- Forwarded message from Anacron <address@hidden> -----
> >
> > /etc/cron.daily/backup:
> > UpdateError nfs/rpc_pipefs/nfs/clnt6/info Updated mirror temp file
> > /bak/var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs/nfs/clnt6/rdiff-backup.tmp.52 does not match
> > source UpdateError nfs/rpc_pipefs/nfs/clnt7/info Updated mirror temp file
> > /bak/var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs/nfs/clnt7/rdiff-backup.tmp.53 does not match
> > source UpdateError nfs/rpc_pipefs/nfs/clnt8/info Updated mirror temp file
> > /bak/var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs/nfs/clnt8/rdiff-backup.tmp.54 does not match
> > source
> >

> > ----- End forwarded message -----
> >
> > Will these clear up on the next pass?  If not how does one deal with them?
>
> Looks very much like
> http://wiki.rdiff-backup.org/wiki/index.php/UpdateErrorOne
>
> Are you sure your backup actually got interrupted?

I think so, it was me that interrupted it!  My system was running a
bit slowly and I noticed the rdiff-backup was still running several
hours after it started so I assumed something was broken and killed
it.  This was a backup to a new remote disk so I thought I must have
done something wrong, I think it was actually just the first backup
taking a long time.

--
Chris Green