[rdiff-backup-users] Re: rdiff-backup memory usage problems

From: David
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: rdiff-backup memory usage problems
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 20:11:27 +0200

For the above problem, I'm probably going to use --no-hardlinks.

I totally missed that option (or the implication of it, for my scenario).

Hardlink backups aren't *that* important for me (not going to die from
a few extra mb under /usr as a result in restores), and I can always
make a text file in advance, listing which files need to be hard
linked after restoration, if I really need to.

David.