Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Errno listing

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Errno listing
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 14:48:26 -0400

Greg,

Rdiff-backup should be handling most of these situations for you, right? Are you trying to document errno's that rdiff-backup reports, but recovers from, so that users won't be alarmed?

A list of most errors which rdiff-backup handles can be found in:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/rdiff-backup/rdiff_backup/robust.py?root=rdiff-backup&view=markup

Look in the catch_error() function. The errno's are referred to by their symbolic names, eg, EPERM, ENOENT, etc.

determining which number they refer to is trickier, since Windows and POSIX use different numbers, and even on POSIX, the higher numbers can be different. On a Mac OS X system, you look /usr/include/sys/ernno.h On a Linux system, you look in /usr/include/asm-generic/errno-bash.h and /usr/include/asm-generic/errno.h

best of luck,

Andrew