Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Old versions of files with lots of RDiff-slices

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Old versions of files with lots of RDiff-slices
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:41:10 -0400

On Mar 20, 2009, at 8:30 PM, Maarten Bezemer wrote:
I had a question about this before, but didn't see any answer. In the mean time, I've been looking at the code to see how this is organised. In short, I only found the 10th increment being a snapshot code in the metadata related python file. So, either rdiff-backup uses this technique only for metadata, or I'm looking at the wrong places...

Hmm, I think that could be true. Can someone check their repository? (I don't keep that many increments on the servers which are handy right now.)

I guess it would be annoying if you had a 1gb file which had small, semi-regular changes. Every 10 backups ... whoops, there's another 1gb file.

Andrew