Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Unchanged Files Being Incremented

From: Matthew Flaschen
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Unchanged Files Being Incremented
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 03:39:41 -0500

Austin Roberts wrote:
> Can anyone confirm that this behavior is abnormal for backing up Windows
> to Linux?

If it happens every time, it's still an apparent deficiency in librsync
(I doubt rdiff-backup itself).    I'm not going to call it a bug,
because I don't understand the rsync algorithm well enough to enough if
it can be avoided and it may be a necessary trade-off.  However, it's
definitely undesirable.

Matt Flaschen