[rdiff-backup-users] trying to restart rdiff-backup after failure withou

From: Athanasios Dousis
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] trying to restart rdiff-backup after failure without deleting entire mirror
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 16:44:32 -0600

Hello,

I've been trying a few suggestions from your list archives but have had little success, so I'm asking for your help to resolve my problem.

I've messed up my rdiff-backup-data directory beyond repair, but the data in the current mirror /backup/home is actually quite close to its source /home.

How do I restore rdiff-backup-data without having to delete the entire backup directory (~1TB) and start from scratch?

Thank you,
Nasos