Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Looking for best online backup, solutions

From: Dave Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Looking for best online backup, solutions
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 11:29:47 +1100

Terry wrote:
that's interesting I am looking for a way to backup some laptops when they connect to the lan. Mostly documents and stuff but the big thorn in my side is there pst files which are GB's in size plus outlook process is often
not closed correctly due to add-on like Ack hanging on to it.
I have been trying rsync but am not that happy with it.
But maybe I could try an rdiff server on the lan.
For lots of laptops on the lan, the other thing to try is backuppc

dave