Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Looking for best online backup solutions

From: Damon Timm
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Looking for best online backup solutions
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:21:44 -0500

I used to use rsync.net and they are great (customer support, nice
folks) -- I would highly recommend them.

However, I switched to Amazon's S3 and use duplicity with that (for
encryption) -- for my needs, (about 1.5GB of backups) it is
ridiculously inexpensive and it's just my personal data so the S3 is a
fallback for the fallback ... I use duplicity with this script:
http://blog.damontimm.com/bash-script-incremental-encrypted-backups-duplicity-amazon-s3/

 Seems to work well for me and is cheap.  Like rdiff-backup, the
duplicity folks are really great too.  Thanks all around!

Damon