Re: [rdiff-backup-users] excluding a directory, Windows version

From: Dominic
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] excluding a directory, Windows version
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:41:17 +0000

Ryan wrote:
Hello,

I am running under Windows, rdiff-backup v 1.3.0

I am trying to figure out how to exclude a directory (my firefox cache directory), but I cannot figure the syntax out. I've read Windows-README.txt but I am still confused.

As a test, I have made a tree called:

e:\winx\temp\my folder\a\b\

I want to back up "my folder", and everything under it, except the "b" directory,

to e:\winx\temp\my backup\

What is the correct way to do this?
Here is an example, which I think should work:

rdiff-backup.exe --remote-schema "plink.exe -ssh -i PRIVATE.PPK %%s rdiff-backup --server" --exclude "E:/winx/temp/my folder/a/b/**" "E:/winx/temp/my folder" address@hidden::/home/me/myfolder

This should backup the b folder but not its contents (and should backup everything else in 'my folder').

HTH

Dominic