Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Filenames with semicolon ; changed?

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Filenames with semicolon ; changed?
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 21:13:07 -0500

On Jan 11, 2009, at 5:14 AM, Ryan wrote:
2) What is rdiff-backup --verify x:\dest
supposed to do? When I run it, I get these errors for many files in my old bookmarks directory:

Warning: Cannot find SHA1 digest for file BIG/URL/2004 2/BBS Documentary Trailers.url,
perhaps because this feature was added in v1.1.1

Hmm, I wonder if those files are empty? Can you check if they are size 0 bytes? Empty files don't give a message like that on Unix, but Windows is a little different...

Are they Firefox URLs? or IE? (I'd like to recreate the problem.)

I've never used an older version of rdiff-backup. The files in question were copied over.

Did you copy them over to the repository by hand? Or did rdiff-backup copy them?

These error messages only show up on the console when I do --verify, I don't see them mentioned in any logs.

Correct. The SHA1 digests exist to verify the written file, both during a restore (when it would complain if the digest didn't match, or didn't exist), and during a --verify operation (which verifies the repository against the digests).

Andrew