Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Probleme with rdiff on smbfs

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Probleme with rdiff on smbfs
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 20:20:15 -0500

On Jan 6, 2009, at 3:33 PM, sphen wrote:
having the same exact issue here as well - i am going from a case- sensitive filesystem to one that is not. the first backup went fine with the option:

--override-chars-to-quote ''

but subsequent backups fail. i have to choose to ignore case because i need a useable mirror on the other system. any further info on this issue? i am running python 2.4.3 on the source and 2.5.1 on dest -- both on rdiff-backup 1.2.4

Spoke too soon ... I believe I've fixed --override-chars-to-quote to work again. Instead of releasing a 1.2.6 so quickly, I'll explain how to get the fix.

All you need to do is replace your fs_abilities.py file with this one:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/*checkout*/rdiff-backup/rdiff_backup/fs_abilities.py?revision=1.61.2.1&root=rdiff-backup

When I added the functionality last fall to automatically-requote a repository, I didn't notice that one of the functions had a subtle return condition.

Andrew