Re: [rdiff-backup-users] different versions

From: Chris Wilson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] different versions
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 15:32:12 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Peter,

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009, Peter wrote:

Being a novice at Linux and still learning, I use a few different versions. My main mail server is Fedora, My desktop is Kubuntu, andother is another flavoour etc.

On the Ubuntu unit I use apt-get install rdiff-backup and it installed version 1.15.something

On my fedora I had version 1.05 or something.

and offcourse they didn't work when my fedora tried to backup to my ubuntu.

What's the easiest way for me to get and install the same version on all boxes?

The easiest way I've found is to download the source code from the rdiff-backup website (rdiff-backup.nongnu.org) and build from source on each computer.

Cheers, Chris.
--