Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Error on remote restore (1.2.3)

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Error on remote restore (1.2.3)
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 11:49:28 -0500

On Jan 1, 2009, at 5:58 AM, Dominic wrote:
Experimenting with restoring files I have hit an error and I hope someone can help me. Running on the local backup machine this restore works fine:

rdiff-backup -r 0D /home/dominic-pcchips2/archives/mydocs/"To Do.xlsx" ~/"To Do.xlsx"

but when I try to restore by running from a remote Linux machine thus

rdiff-backup -r 0D address@hidden::archives/ mydocs/"To Do.xlsx" ~/"To Do.xlsx"

I get errors (see below). I am using rdiff-backup 1.2.3 at both ends. Am I doing something wrong? To rule out the possibility of something being wrong on the remote machine I ran the same command on the backup machine i.e. looping back to itself - the same error messages occur.

Oh, damn. :-( I'll spin 1.2.4 in just a moment to disable the new escape trailing spaces code. The fix for this might take awhile, since it also means that the escape dos devices code (2 years old) has become incorrect. Sorry for missing that during testing.

crummy way to start the new year,
Andrew