Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: can't backup - weird errors..

From: anirudh shekhawat
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: can't backup - weird errors..
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 22:41:05 +0530

On 12/18/08, Andrew Ferguson <address@hidden> wrote:

> You should exclude your .Trash-1000 folder -- clearly your desktop
> manager manipulates many files behind the scenes.
I checked the man page,but couldn't see the exclude directory
option,how shall exclude trash folder

> Finally, the cursor probably "kept on blinking" because rdiff-backup
> was still working. It needed to regress the backup destination due to
> a failed previous backup, which is an operation that can take a long
> time.
I guess the backup was interrupted somehow [cant guess how] because it
was finished way too fast in around 1 hr and never ever has it gone
this fast to transfer around 80gb of data.It always took around 5/6
hrs on my machine.
But again, When i checked the external drive,it actually contained
80gb of data.. !!
I'm begining to think of some disk errors..

anirudh