Re: [rdiff-backup-users] librsync with large file support

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] librsync with large file support
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 07:51:23 -0500

On Nov 13, 2008, at 6:05 AM, Maxwell Lutticken wrote:

I should have been more specific, sorry.  Does the 1.22 Linux release patch libsync for large file support?

For Linux, the library dependencies (eg, librsync) are not bundled. If you got librsync from your distribution, then you need to check with your distribution as to whether the large file support is included. I know modern Debian librsync packages do include it.

If you built librsync yourself (or need to give your distribution a nudge), the patch is at:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1439412&group_id=56125&atid=479441

see extended commentary:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=479439&aid=1110812&group_id=56125

For Windows, we distribute an executable with all of the dependencies linked-in, so the onus is on us to include the patch for that platform.

Andrew