Re: [rdiff-backup-users] IOError in backup.log

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] IOError in backup.log
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 21:59:55 -0400

On Oct 13, 2008, at 5:56 PM, Bob Mead wrote:

Hello all:

I'm a noob linux user trying to get rdiff v1.0.5 working (older Gentoo server at origin, new Ubuntu 8.04 install on virtual machine is destination).

Hi Bob,

Your problem is probably here. Versions 1.0.5 (old stable branch, ~23 months old) and versions 1.1.x (old development) and 1.2.x (new stable) are not compatible.

The new stable series, 1.2.x are all compatible with each other.

Since you said that a new Ubuntu 8.04 is installed on the destination, I suspect that it has version 1.1.15 or so.

I suggest you install version 1.2.1 on both the client and the destination.

Andrew