Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Keep Getting Security Error Traceback and losin

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Keep Getting Security Error Traceback and losing connection
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 14:24:38 -0400

On Oct 9, 2008, at 11:31 AM, Hubbitus wrote:
Please, keep in mind what I'm initiate backup from Linux machine. And do backup of windows (one folder) to Linux.

Ok, I think I have solved your problem (and Patrick Nagel's as well). If so, you won't be required to use Putty as the SSH engine on Windows.

Please try the new testing release at:

http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/rdiff-backup/testing/rdiff-backup-1.2.2pre3.exe

The problem is due to Windows writing CRLF instead of LF -- Apparently, Putty is smart enough to detect that when it is going out to a Linux host as a pipe'd command and correct it.

Andrew