[rdiff-backup-users] Corruption follow up

From: Kingsley G. Morse Jr.
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Corruption follow up
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:14:55 -0700

Hi Andrew,

You considerately shared your thoughts with me a
few weeks ago about a corrupted rdiff-backup
archive.

If I recall correctly, you presciently wrote that
rdiff-backup exercises hardware thoroughly, and
may be exacerbating a marginal device.

You were right.

It turned out that my CPU chip was going bad.

Perhaps your observation caused me to run CPU tests
sooner than I would have otherwise.

Thanks,
Kingsley