Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Permissions error when backing up?

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Permissions error when backing up?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 08:20:52 -0400

On Jul 18, 2008, at 6:34 AM, stanlin wrote:

****This is an edited version of a previous post****

I'm running a backup on Windows via cygwin to a clean local backup directory. Since the backup is local, I thought it would be a straight deal, but when I attempt the backup I get an unexpected permissions error:

Ok. Please try using 1.1.17. The 1.1.x branch has two years worth of Windows-specific bug fixes and corrections. If you still have problems with that, send in a new report.

Secondly, do NOT edit your posts in that forum. That forum is automatically sending each post (and each edit) as an email message to the actual rdiff-backup users mailing list. Each one of your edits has been spammed to the list, generating quite a few messages.

Frankly, it might be better if you simply subscribed to the mailing list like a normal user:
http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/savannah.html

best,
Andrew