[rdiff-backup-users] Don't follow subfolders and more

From: Saptarshi Guha
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Don't follow subfolders and more
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 13:25:10 -0400

Hello,
Wonderful program rdiff-backup. I find it more flexible than TMachine.
However, this is my setup: Every morning i backup  my home folder

(1) rdiff-backup /Users/yanger  /Volumes/BACKUP

However, i want to implement backups every 15 minutes i.e using FSEvents on OSX, whenever a directory is modified, backup that folder **without** following subfolders.
e.g two files were changed in /Users/yanger so i want to backup /Users/yanger without following subfolders as in (1).
I did this by

rdiff-backup --include /Users/yanger --exclude "**"  /Users/yanger/ /Volumes/BACKUP

This works, but if i understand correctly, it behaves as if all the subfolders did not exist. So the BACKUP folder (on inspection) has archived the all the subfolders.
This takes quite some time and the next day when i run (1), it runs a huge backup of my entire home folder again!! (3.6GB)

So, my question is, is there a convenient way to run rdiff-backup on my home folder, to just backup up the files inside that folder without traversing the subfolders yet
not behaving as if the subfolders have been removed.

Thanks much
Saptarshi