Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Using wildcard for directories to include?

From: Bert Hiddink
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Using wildcard for directories to include?
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 14:01:03 -0600

Hello!

Paul Bijnens wrote:
On 2008-06-05 15:20, Bert Hiddink wrote:
Hello Paul!

Thanks for your reply.

I followed your suggestion, in fact, I had done something similar before
but got an error and thought this was due to a wrong syntax.

The error I get with your code is this:
"Fatal Error: Source /home/bendoo/public_html is not a directory"

Can rdiff-backup not follow symbolic links?

Never tried that, but in that case, add "/." at the end to
go to the target of the symlink.

OK, so according to Andrew, rdiff-backup can not follow symlinks.

Therefore, I changed the code the bit in order to circumvent the use of symlinks:

  rdiff-backup   \
    --include '/usr/www/users/bendoo/hp*' \
    --exclude '/usr/www/users/bendoo' \
    address@hidden::/usr/www/users/bendoo \
     /root/backup/bendoo/web

My webroot is in:
/usr/www/users/bendoo/

However, now rdiff complains that it does not have permissions in:
/usr/www/users

I do not understand this because I set "/usr/www/users/bendoo" as a base-directory where I DO have permissions.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!
-brt

--

Vriendelijke groeten / Best regards / Saludos cordiales,
Bert Hiddink

BENDOO e-work solutions
http://www.bendoo.nl
address@hidden